Mama left for a few minutes, so we investigated and sure enough...4 little baby birds.
We watched off an on the rest of the evening as mama came and went, then we saw daddy Cardinal coming to check on his babies as well.
He got them a snack and waited for us to quiet down.
They seemed to switch off, taking turns visiting them.
Mama sat on them through the night, and this morning when she was gone, I snipped a few of the branches that were in my way through my bedroom window. I had a much clearer view, she brought some food.
To my excitement, I was able to capture mom and dad visiting their babies together and sharing in a family meal together. Now that's what I call bonding. It's been so fun to watch the process! First, dad brought the food...
Then he passed it off to mama...
and she placed it into their little mouths. It doesn't look like a worm to me, but what do I know?
It's been lots of fun. I took some video, but I'm not a fan of video on blogs, so I won't post it.
I have a week break from shoots before 3 this coming weekend and our big move next week. Our home is full of boxes! I made a little button for my blog, so if you want to grab it and post it on your blog, I'm gonna do a little somethin' fun next week for those of you that do so.











13 comments:
Amazing pictures! Which lense did you use - the 70-200mm?
LOVE the pics - how cool!!
How fun to be able to watch them so closely! Love all the pictures you got of them together.
oh my gosh! that is so cool! what a fun experience!!!
i tried adding your button to my blog but it didn't work...
i put it right above the shutter sisters button on my sidebar, and it's just blank white space... ???
Love your pics!
Thanks for all your tips!
We have just purchased a new DSLR & I am totally intimidated by it!
I have added your button to my blog - http://babybunkins.blogspot.com/
These pictures are fabulous!
wow - i can see these in a coffee table book! soooo awesome! good luck with your move! xoxo
Just amazing! I love that you captured the mom and dad feeding the babies. Look at them with their beaks wide open ready for food. Incredible! Beautiful pictures .. as always.
I LOVE the bird pictures! My husband and I got a DSLR around Christmas and I have realy enjoyed using it, but I'm certainly not where you are yet. You are so talented!
Oh, those are so absolutely beautiful!
wow what amazing photos!!!
WOW!! What amazing shots!!!
AMAZING. i don't if its too late to win one but i am obsessed with the 2nd to the last one.....the one of the mommy and daddy feeding the babies. love it.
kltennis33@yahoo.com
p.s. i have also really enjoyed your posts on theidearoom blog. i just got done taking a photo class so your posts help me with what i just learned.
Post a Comment