Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Week 2

Here ya go...something about me. These are my favorite shoes, a bright kelly green. I also painted my kitchen this color (it looks cool, I promise). If anyone finds these in orange, I'd love to hear about it!

Shot in Manual mode with my 50mm lens ISO 200 (in the shade) shutter speed 1/500 f/1.4 It has a slight vignette around the edges and I used the sponge tool to pop the color a bit.

8 comments:

Jeff Mac said...

Neat pic; I like it. However, your kitchen walls would probably scare me. :P

Thanks for the tech info. I'm jealous of your f/1.4 lens.

I like the sound of the sponge tool. I wish I'd had it for a few shots myself. Right now, Maren and I are playing with photoshop - Maren with Elements and I'm using Lightroom. I want both... but man they're pricey.

Anonymous said...

do tell me what f/1.4 is.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

f-stop or aperture...we'll get to that in the tutorials:)

Tobi said...

What software are you using to edit your pictures with?

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

photoshop CS2

Heather said...

Kris,
This will be great. I just got my DSLR for my anniversary last month, and I love playing with it, but could use some direction and more info about all the termanology. Plus--i just installed Photoshop Elements to my desktop yesterday--so I'm ready to make some photography progess!

Amy said...

love the color! maybe someday i'll know what you are talking about w/ technique so keep it coming.

Maren said...

Kristen, I am so glad you are doing this. Jeff and I are beginning to dig into the settings and experiment. This blog could be a big help. I often look at yours and other photoblogs and wonder what they do to achieve the results they are getting.

As Jeff said we are starting to play around with photoshop a little. We finally got our new lens--a 50mm f/1.8. We'll learn with that and then upgrade when we can.

Maren
marensgarden.com