Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Fancy Birthday Festivities

My daughter had a birthday party and I got really excited about decorating for it--I wanted to share.  It was a "fancy" party (because she loves Fancy Nancy) and she chose purple, pink, and orange for me to make a cake with and decorate around.  I love making my kids birthday cakes--though it isn't something I'm great at.  I took a fondant class a few months ago and made the marshmellow fondant (quite yummy).  It fell apart a few times, but I feel good about my first fondant cake.











8 comments:

laura said...

Oh my goodness...I love the colors she chose. You did a fabulous job!

We are planning a Phineas & Ferb themed party for December!

Blanche said...

what a happy smiley birthday!

Jon & Jennifer said...

What a beautiful party and the cake looks fabulous!!

brooke said...

Love the colors! How fun and great job. The birthday girl looks very happy!

Palmer Family said...

What a gorgeous party! I love all the colours!

Heather Vo said...

The color combination is beautiful! What an amazing party. Hope she had a perfect birthday!

Erin said...

Looks like a fab birthday party and I like seeing you in pictures!! Love your dress :)

Tricia Dunlap said...

WHOA - Martha Stewart has nothing on you! You did an amazing job with this party!! Not that it was a "job" - but you know what I mean. WOW - love the purple and orange treats and decor!!