This week I'm going to talk about lenses. Most of you that have a DSLR probably got it with the "kit lens" right? That's what I did when I got my rebel nearly 4 years ago. I didn't realize that a good lens REALLY DOES make a difference! I'm not the greatest at explaining why...but a lot of it has to do with the fstop (a later tutorial). Most kit lenses don't let in enough light. A really great, inexpensive investment is the 50mm 1.8 lens. That may sound like jibberish, but trust me on this one. I think its about $80 for a canon or $100 for nikon, and well worth that amount of money. Most lenses are $300 and up, and I'm looking at one that is $1400 so $80 really does sound like a great deal to me! Click here to see it for canon, click here to see it for nikon.
When I first heard about it, I didn't really get it. Then I used the lense, and better learned about photography. What takes some getting used to is that it doesn't have a zoom, it is fixed. So YOU are the zoom. I keep mine on my camera all the time and can still take snapshots of my kids. You just have to stand back further than you would with a "regular" lense.
Also thought I'd mention here about the engagement session, several asked about the clothing changes. They changed in the car. No big deal, just make sure people are around or looking:) I'll take seniors out all the time and they change in the car. Choosing clothes, I did try to mix it up and have a formal/dressy and a casual with jeans. We were going to do a different casual skirt, but she wanted to keep her jeans on instead. I hope I answered all ?s
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Do you have a preference between Cannon and Nikon? Which do you think is a better quality camera? I'm looking into buying a Nikon right now and I would like a professional's opinion. I can't wait to find out what a f stop is exactly!!
I have Canon. It really doesn't matter, until you get to higher end camera's and most professional photogs I know use Canon. A lot of Nikon users (that I know) went to Canon when they upgraded and sold all their Nikon stuff to buy Canon stuff. But basic Nikon D60, D200 are equal to Canons. Everyone has their own opinons, just like Pepsi or Coke.
Thanks for the all the information! I will think have to re-think some of my previous choices.
Post a Comment