Friday, April 16, 2010

Birds nest in our tree

My husband discovered this nest with beautiful eggs in our backyard. It was tough to get a good angle, so I just held out my camera and snapped a few til I got this shot.
It is right next to our Master Bedroom window and the trampoline outside. The momma bird gets scared when we come out, and flee's the scene. But she is pretty. We figured after looking online that she is a Northern Cardinal.

I wonder how long til her eggs hatch....

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Just lovely....

Rachelle said...

Beautiful pictures! I am amazed that you got such a great shot of the nest just by holding out your camera!

amanda said...

Beautiful! I love the fun challenge that nature shots present... and the splendid outome!

Sarah Roughton said...

Oh my gosh that nest shot! It's so beautiful.