Monday, June 28, 2010

So colorful! ~Round Rock Family Portraits

Nevermind that this is my good friend and I've infiltrated her brain to dress colorfully in their family portraits.  They rock the color and truly, the COLOR is happy, right?  I tried out a new location, and it was fun to discover texture and well, color.  She and I were pregnant together, due just one day apart with both of our baby #4's.  Our older children swap Pokemon cards with each other (though mine are boys and hers are girls, so far they are all ok with that).  And the youngers dress up fancy together.  Plus, she rocks big time in my book because she helped me pack my home before moving. She claims to love it, and as I stood there staring at the piles of stuff I had to do, she was over throwing it into boxes or asking me to decide in 5 seconds if I wanted to keep it.  She SAVED me on that front.  So, I owed her big time!  I present to you, my friend Tamiel and her cute fam.



















Love ya, girlie!

8 comments:

Palmer Family said...

What a gorgeous family! I love all the color!

MadMama said...

I LOVE these!! You did such an awesome job! You've have captured our family perfectly! Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU!!! Love ya back!!

Liz H. said...

LOVE these! you look great, tamiel! and the kids look super cooperative! where are they taken?

Vanessa said...

So so cute! Do you usually do photo shoots in public places? Do you do them on public property at all? Are people usually genereous when it comes to letting you use there field or property or whatever as a background?

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

Vanessa,
I shoot in all public places. I'm too chicken to ask or try to sneak on private property. Most places are parks or downtown streets. Sometimes we get looks, but thats all!

Debbie said...

Beautiful photos, beautiful family!!! Love all that color and yes, they rock the color!

Wilkerson Family said...

What great colors! I love your posts on The Idea Room (that's how I found your blog). I got a DSLR for Christmas and your posts are helping me as I'm learning how to use it. I have a friend who is a photographer, she just did our family pictures and because of your blog I was inspired to use bright colors instead of the usual neutrals I always seem to go with. I’m also thinking about printing them bigger than I usually do.
Thank you!
Jenny

Tricia Dunlap said...

Kristen - these are priceless photos! Your friend will cherish these forever! xoxo