Sunday, May 25, 2008

Chocolate Bee's

I like to make treats, but nothing with too much effort....but this was a bit more effort (time) but easy enough for me! I like to have visual memories for my kids for highlights in their lives. For their birthdays, I love to make their cakes, even though it usually turns out pretty sloppy, they love it! I hope that the combination of something beautiful made just for them combined with the yummy taste, they will have positive memories from their childhood that I did just for them. I have loved Bakerella's blog, and had already been making the cake truffles, but she makes them a different way. I tried that, as well as making some chocolate bee's for my son's Busy Bee Preschool graduation.

Here is how I made the bee's, but you can also see Bakerella's step by step (where I got the idea) on chocolate flowers she made.

Picture below taken by my 2 year old

Getting my 5
year old involved....

Not so sure about the blob of chocolate that is supposed to look like a bee....

so EXCITED they look look like Bee's now!

Using a tray to put the cake truffles into on the bottom...
Then I made other versions without the bee's...I love the bright colors!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Now that looks totally yummy! You did a fantastic job! And great pics too. :)

Anonymous said...

Ohmygosh - those look amazing! I love to bake, but not sure I'd be as successful as you were :) You're such a good mom!

Anonymous said...

very adorable! how multi-talented you are! :)

Diane said...

how fun! that is a great memory!