When I was doing Lindsay's senior portrait session, we could see on the other side of a lake a beautiful patch of bluebonnets. But the day was really windy and it was too bright of sun. I checked it out and had her meet me 2 days later and we got some fun shots. I also took a couple expecting their first child, and then a few others wanted bluebonnet picts, too. Bluebonnet fields don't seem to be in the same spot from year to year, so I have to look for them. This spot was just perfect with the trees in the background and everything.
I love how much bluebonnets scream Texas to me (never seen them anywhere else). Last year there was a bluebonnet field right outside the front door of our apartment!
(This pointless comment is here because I know you love comments!)
i love these! you know, all those years my family lived in TX and we NEVER once took pictures in the bluebonnets... :(
my bro and his wife are moving to San Antonio...so hopefully we'll be able to come down to visit everyone in TX again someday... and maybe, just MAYBE get some bluebonnet pics...if it's that time of year
I am an on-location photographer in Austin Texas, including Round Rock and Cedar Park. Early on, I tried the backdrop/studio setup and it just wasn't my thing. It felt too stiff, too constricting. I love the versatility of outdoor or in-home portraits. Plus, I think the natural light is the most beautiful light. In each session, I do a mixture of candid images as well as the posed. My favorite sessions are Families, high school seniors, and couples. For Teens and Couples, we go location hopping with several outfit changes. I know the desire of having that PERFECT family portrait to hang in your home (I have 4 little ones myself). Photography has always been a passion of mine, and I love to meet new people and photograph their joy.
11 comments:
I never see bluebonnets in Killeen. I'll have to start hunting for a field immediately. Beautiful pictures Kristen!
I love how much bluebonnets scream Texas to me (never seen them anywhere else). Last year there was a bluebonnet field right outside the front door of our apartment!
(This pointless comment is here because I know you love comments!)
Beautiful!!
I love these. Gorgeous!!!!!
Kristen, love bluebonnets--these images are beautiful!
Love these!
Sandra
What great photos!! Love the bluebonnets. By the way, you have been tagged. Check out my blog to read what you need to do. : )
ooo my they're just awesome!!!!!
gorgeous! love that lighting/flare shot!
Beautiful work. Loooooove that field!
i love these! you know, all those years my family lived in TX and we NEVER once took pictures in the bluebonnets... :(
my bro and his wife are moving to San Antonio...so hopefully we'll be able to come down to visit everyone in TX again someday... and maybe, just MAYBE get some bluebonnet pics...if it's that time of year
Post a Comment